Is it too soon to share another awesomely creative piece of furniture? No way! This one-of-a-kind insectoid armoire is called the BUG and it was designed Latvian designer Janis Straupe of True Latvia. Full of customizable shelves, drawers, cubbies and even a few secret compartments, it’s a beautifully functional piece of furniture as well as an amazing work of art.
If only Kafka could’ve see this…
[via Yanko Design]
Just don’t show it to Johnny Rico.
nph why did you smash my new armoire
… i’m doing my part
Thanks for the tip! I use noise generators all the time when I read and write to drown out background noise but for some reason, it never occurred to me to use one yesterday. Huh.
While we’re on the subject, here’s a list of the noise generators I use. Just in case it could be of help to anyone else.
- SimplyRain: Rain and thunder. You can control the intensity of the rainfall, the thunder (often, few, rare or none) and the volume (steady or oscillating). There’s also a sleep timer.
- SimplyNoise: White noise, pink noise and brown noise. Volume control (steady or oscillating). Sleep timer.
- Rainy Mood: Rain and thunder. Basic volume control.
- myNoise.net: ~50 different sounds offered. Highly customizable. Open multiple sounds in different tabs to create mixes. Basic volume control. Sleep timer.
CalArts Lecture via Robertryan Cory
OH MY GOD LOOK AT THIS THING THAT POND SENT ME FJASLDKJFLAKSJL
ok - a rolling puppy. NOW I’m going to stop reblogging from hobbitkaiju. done. seriously. that’s it.
- If I say “no” to someone and they get angry, this does not mean I should have said “yes.”
- Saying “no” does not make me selfish.
- Although I want to please the people I care about, I do not have to please them all the time.
- It is okay to want or need something from someone else.
- My wants and needs are just as important as those of anyone else.
- I have the right to assert myself, even if I may inconvenience others.
Tapir Mum and Cub by Klaus Wiese.
Fandom: Hey, that character seems like they could be autistic.
TV writers: Well-spotted! We made them ambiguously autistic but we’ll never confirm it one way or the other!
Fandom: Um, why?
TV writers: Doy, because then we’d have to do research to portray it accurately and shit!
Fandom:… is that really that much of a hassle?
TV writers: OMG YES! Why would writers do research?
Fandom: Maybe you should hire some autistic writers, then?
Which is why I’m so happy about Abed Nadir from Community. Canonically autistic character written by an autistic (Dan Harmon).
I HAVEN’T LAUGHED THIS HARD IN THREE YEARS I AM HAVING AN ASTHMA ATTCK
I laugh until I cry every. single. time.
I swear Loki invented autocorrect.
It’s Crowley, I’m telling you! Autocorrect and the M4.
Auburn cockrocket. Auto cat rectal. Jesus chalupa. I think autocorrect is just a highly advanced artificial intelligence that understands our humor better than we do.
Birdseed! is my new favourite non-cuss.
I Was Trying To Be Funny But It Came Out as Really Mean: A 5-part documentary starring me.
I Was Trying To Be Loving And Supportive But I Probably Overstepped My Boundaries And Came Off as Creepy: a feature-length film with two sequels and a TV series adaption.
I Was Trying To Tell You I Relate To Your Difficult Situation But It Probably Sounded Like I Was Making It All About Me: a novel saga with several side book adaptions and a movie.
I Was Too Shy to Approach You But It Probably Came Across as Hubris and Disdain: A short poem because there’s a lot more I want to say but I’m too afraid to write it
when she says she doesn’t send nudes
when guys objectify women and expect them to send nudes
when someone asks you about your nuclear plans for russia
When Russia sends you nudes
A mouth-watering fuck-ton of hand references.
[From various sources]